In order to help parents who are required to work during the Coronavirus Crisis and are in need of childcare in order to work uninterrupted, the Northwest Natural Horsemanship Center is making available half-day childcare camps and lessons.
Give your child a fun activity and educational opportunity during this time off from school. Whether you are working from home or home schooling, you will have “freed time” while your child learns how to handle and ride horses. They will also broaden their life skills through learning about the Language, Leadership and Lightness of the horse.
Our childcare camps and private lessons provide a positive, healthful activity that expands your child’s learning outside the traditional school setting. Children are allowed to experience new and fun knowledge through the art, science and social community of the horse. They also get to share and develop their love for animals.
- Asking everyone to actively participate in hand washing and/or sanitizing before and after lessons. We have both hand sanitizer and wipes available in common areas.
- Implementing social distancing recommendations and warning against close contact.
- Disinfecting common surfaces such as door handles, light switches, chairs, grooming equipment and tack, every day.
- Disinfecting the bathroom fixtures and toilet every day.
- Asking anyone with the sniffles, sore throat or a cough, to please stay home or go home.
- Limiting lessons to no more than two people at a time and camps to no more than five.
Camp is open to children from 5-16 years old. Each half-day camp is limited to 5 students to allow for social distancing and small group guidelines. The horse curriculum is individualized by age and is skill appropriate.
Morning Camp (9a – 12p) or Afternoon Camp (1a – 4p)
May 11 – 15
Half Day $275
Our lessons are for for students age eight and older who wish to learn how to build a respectful partnership with their horse. Using natural horsemanship and Centered Riding® techniques students build a positive relationship with the horse through leadership, not force and intimidation. Our instruction is a comprehensive program that starts on the ground and works its way into the saddle. It is not just about riding. It seeks to build a well-rounded horse person who not only understands the techniques, but the mind and spirit of the horse.
Note in the message area below three days of the week and blocks of time that work best for you.
Private Lesson (Individual) $60
Shared Lesson (With Friend or Sibling) $45 each.