NWNHC Kids Club
Advancing students’ equine education
The Northwest Natural Horsemanship Center offers young students a path to develop a natural way of being with horses; beyond the basics. Our Kids Club helps advancing students refine their riding and horsemanship skills and provides a safe and fun place for children to immerse themselves in the horse world though advanced equine education, experiences and personal development.
The NWNHC Kids Club is intended for students who have already mastered their basic ground and riding skills. Club Members must pass a qualifying horsemanship test to participate or be invited to join.
Here are just a few of the things Kids Club members experience:
- Horse anatomy
- Horse psychology (Prey vs. Predator)
- Care and feeding
- Tack and equipment
- Presentations by horse industry professionals
- Occasional field trips to businesses and equine events
- Move up to 22 & 45’ leads
- Work with the horse at liberty
- Encourage creativity and confidence to try new challenges
- Build precision and focus while riding
- Move into saddles and be comfortable at all three basic gaits
- Annual Christmas food drive
- Volunteer at non-profit events
Members also receive discounts on private riding lessons, equipment and some NWNHC events.
Kids Club meets every other Sunday–10p-1p during the school year.
- 20 min. classroom education
- 20 min. guest presenter (when presenter is scheduled)
- 20 min. to catch and prep horses
- 1 ½ hrs. horsemanship instruction (includes ground and mounted time)
- 30 min. “horse time” for members to use as they want with their horse. Instructor to be available for questions and assistance
$125 per month
Minimum three month commitment required.
Get more Club details: KidsClubOutline.pdf